Getting into work can be a daunting prospect. Norwich for Jobs provides valuable guidance and practical help on a wide range of topics for young people in our community. We are a network of employers both large and small working to young people into jobs.
If you are passionate about your business, you will want to ensure that you have the right people with the right skills available to support you to grow. Through the Norwich for Jobs campaign you have the opportunity to really make a difference. It is a win win situation. A young person gets the job they need and you get an enthusiastic young person as an additional resource in your organisation so that you can achieve your own aims.
We need you to offer up jobs, apprenticeships, and work experience placements for young people.
In addition Norwich for Jobs can provide you with:
- Free advertisement of positions and recruitment of suitable young people through Jobcentre Plus and Inspire Norfolk.
- Norfolk Chamber of Commerce’s Apprenticeship Broker Scheme can make employing a young person simpler.
- Committed employers are given the opportunity to appear in news stories and blog posts.
- Employers’ logos, website links and a pledge description appear on our website. Employers and their young employees are welcome to provide success stories, photos and videos for the website.
- Committed employers receive a Norwich for Jobs certificate to display in their workplace.
- Invitation from our Steering Group to selected Norwich for Jobs events
You can make a massive difference to both your business and to the prospect of a young person. Please pledge your support now so we can keep you updated as to what opportunities are available to you
As a large or small employer there are so many ways that you can get involved:
- Offer talks to young people on your business, the working world or your career journey to date.
- Give young people a tour of your work premises.
- Provide CV and interview skills advice.
- Welcome young people on a short 2 hour work taster session or a work experience opportunity.
- Fill apprenticeship and paid employment positions.
Sharing the knowledge, skills and experiences that you have about your company, life in the working world, how you go about recruiting and even how you got your job can be incredibly insightful for a young person. Some young people haven’t had the opportunity to look at different businesses and get a flavour for what they do, how they operate or what typical jobs a company has.
Whether you can critique a CV, hold a mock interview or even run a workshop on the subject the young people that we work with will benefit from your advice. That all important CV and cover letter or finely polished interview technique can help a young person take those important steps towards employment.
Time and again young people tell us about the benefit of work tasters and work experience. Work tasters are short-term, voluntary and unpaid that can last just a few days or even just a couple of hours. Work tasters are a great way for young people to get a basic awareness of work and to build confidence. Work experience expands on work tasters lasting a week, a couple of weeks or even longer and are likely to be a little more involved. Work experience can be generic or targeted depending on what suits your organisation and the young person. Either way, work tasters & work experience make a real difference to young people and their job prospects.
Anyone aged 16 and over in England may apply for a paid apprenticeship to earn whilst they learn and work towards a nationally recognised qualifications. Apprenticeships can last from 1 to 4 years and businesses can even receive grants to help cover the cost of employing an apprentice. To find out more contact us or visit www.apprenticeships.org.uk.
Norwich for Jobs can offer support with your recruitment, advertise your job opportunities through websites and provide publicity to help grow your business.
We also welcome charities or other organisations that already help young people. By partnering you will receive publicity, a network of other local partners and employers plus clear information on the government services available.
Whatever you are looking for get in touch with us via the CONTACT US page.